By meeting strict international criteria of the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS), the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Hong Ngoc Phuc Truong Minh General Hospital is proud to be the first and the only medical unit in Vietnam to receive ACHS’s accreditation certificate.
The Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) is an independent, not-for-profit organization, dedicated to improving quality in health care.
ACHS’ Evaluation and Quality Improvement Program (EQuIP) was introduced in 1996 to provide a framework assisting and supporting healthcare organizations to ensure the provision of safe, high quality care and services, and to achieve continuous quality improvement.
Particularly, healthcare accreditation is an external review of the quality of care and services. It is an internationally recognized evaluation process used to assess and improve the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of healthcare organizations. It is also a way to publicly recognize that a healthcare organization has met national quality standards.
Therefore, numerous healthcare units have attempted to improve their quality to receive this healthcare accreditation.
After a long time of making constant improvement in both human resources, infrastructure and service quality, the Obstetrics and Gynecology Department of Hong Ngoc Phuc Truong Minh General Hospital is honored to be the first and the only medical unit to receive health accreditation issued by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS). This achievement is considered a prestigious affirmation about the hospital’s quality and patient care services.
The hospital is committed to keep offering customers/patients with safe and high-quality medical services meeting specific demands of customers.
Safe care and services
By choosing Hong Ngoc General Hospital, customers would be provided with safe, high quality care throughout delivery process:
– The hospital completes its integrated risk management framework ensures that corporate and clinical risks are identified, minimized and managed. The framework includes a falls management program to minimize incidence of falls and fall injuries and wound prevention and management programs to minimize the incidence and impact of breaks in skin integrity, pressure ulcers and other wounds that can happen during and after delivery process.
– The hospital implements an effective system for the management of medical emergencies, including the identification and care of deteriorating patients.
– The infection control system supports safe practice and ensures a safe environment for consumers and healthcare workers.
High quality services
The Obstetrics and Gynecology of Hong Ngoc General Hospital is committed to provide customers and newborns with high quality services:
– The system for ongoing care of customers, including are coordinated and effective. Pregnant women with chronic disease are well managed
– The hospital implements dietary practices to ensure that patients receive appropriate food and have choices based on nutritional requirements.
– Pregnant women and their families are allowed to participate in the contribution and evaluation of medical services. The hospital also has a feedback processing system, including receiving and handling complaints of customers to continuously improve service quality and the healthcare system.
– The hospital aims to not only improve pregnant women’s health but increase the knowledge of customers and their relatives as well as medical staff and the whole communities by hosting several health education programs such as classes to improve knowledge and practice on breastfeeding, essential care after birth, beneficial activities for pregnant mothers such as yoga classes and other workshops.
Appropriate care and services
The hospital has developed a comprehensive process to ensure the most favorable conditions for pregnant women to access appropriate care and services. The needs and demands of customers are thoroughly considered to establish specific care and treatment plan. All information is clearly explained to make sure that there is always cooperation between the hospital and customers to achieve the best possible outcome.
In addition, customers’ suggestions are well received and considered to bring them a satisfying experience during inpatient treatment.
In conclusion, the health accreditation certificate granted by the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) is a valuable recognition of the constant efforts of Hong Ngoc General Hospital’s Board of Directors in general and the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in particular in order to provide pregnant women with high quality medical services. We will keep improving to deserve to be the place of trust for thousands of customers.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department – Hong Ngoc Phuc Truong Minh General Hospital
No 8 Chau Van Liem, Nam Tu Liem, Hanoi
Hotline: (+84) 919 645 271 – (+84) 918 750 845